- Know your topic. As is the case with anything, the more you know the better off you are. It would be foolish to think that you can be a pilot without having proper pilot training just because you’ve been on a few commercial flights. The same holds true with betting. Make sure that you have a complete understanding of the rules of a game before you start betting on it.
- Quit while you’re ahead. You might start getting a bit carried away after a couple of wins. There is nothing wrong with celebrating, but don’t let it go to your head. You’ll have to work hard at making money in betting and part of that is knowing when to quit. With every win you should save some money for the next bet. And it’s absolutely vital to understand that you don’t always have to bet. If you don’t have any idea who is going to win, then don’t bet! Only bet when you are relatively sure of what an outcome will be.
- Know about betting as well as what you’re betting on. A good understanding of a sport isn’t all that is required to make money. You will want to invest some time learning about how bookies and casinos make the odds. They, like you, are in it to make money and they know what they are doing, otherwise they would be out of a job. Read some books and blogs and talk to people who are professionals about how odds are created and when its a bad or good idea to place a bet.
- Betting is no place for sentiment. You may get into betting because you’ve always supported your favourite team in office pools or casual bets with friends. While there is nothing wrong with that, if you’re in it for the long haul you’re going to have to be prepared to leave emotion out of it and know how to work the odds, even when that means betting against your favourite team or athlete. Go on supporting them and having an attachment to them if you must, but a successful gambler is a mathematician, not a fan.
- Intimate knowledge is key. There’s more than just the rules of the game that need to be considered when you’re trying to turn a profit. And if you want to make of career of it, you’re going to have to rely on more than just your knowledge of the game. You need to know about venues, about the emotional state of players, about past wins and losses and even about the psychology. Morale is something to be considered just as much as skill and sometimes it’s morale that wins a game, so understand as best you can what is going through the minds of players and athletes as well as how good they are.
Montana State Bobcats – Utah Valley Wolverines Preview
The Montana State Bobcats visit UCCU Events Center to take on the Utah Valley Wolverines. The game gets underway at 9:00 pm ET on Tuesday, Dec. 1.
The Wolverines lost to UC Davis 82-70 on Saturday. Dayon Goodman put together a strong game for the Wolverines, contributing 12 points, two steals, and two rebounds. The Bobcats, meanwhile, are feeling some disappointment after their 82-68 loss at the hands of Wyoming on Saturday. Sarp Gobeloglu had a solid game for Montana State, recording 14 points and two rebounds.
Ranked 87th, the Montana State Bobcats have an offensive rating of 112.7. The Utah Valley Wolverines rank 132nd with a defensive rating of just 98.8.
Utah Valley has an average field goal percentage of 44.0%. Montana State is an even 3-3 when opponents have a similar or higher field goal percentage.
On average, the Utah Valley Wolverines attempt 21.0 three point field goals per game and the Montana State Bobcats attempt 22.0. In games where they attempt at least 20 threes, Utah Valley has a losing record of 1-3, while Montana State is 2-3.
The Montana State Bobcats average 3.5 steals per game. When giving up 3 or more steals, the Utah Valley Wolverines have an underachieving record (2-4) this season.
Albany Great Danes – Quinnipiac Bobcats Preview
The Albany Great Danes will travel to TD Banknorth SportsCenter to take on the Quinnipiac Bobcats. The game begins at 7:00 pm ET on Tuesday, Dec. 1.
The Bobcats were victorious over North Carolina Central 69-59 the last time they played. Chaise Daniels led all scorers on the team with 16 points on 7-for-14 shooting. The Great Danes, meanwhile, are coming off an 88-54 win over Yale in their last game. Evan Singletary led the game in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-9 shooting.
The Albany Great Danes have a defensive rating of 96.4 (ranked 97th), while the Quinnipiac Bobcats have an offensive rating of 96.4 (ranked 302nd).
The Quinnipiac Bobcats average 68.7 possessions per game and .964 points per possession, while the Albany Great Danes earn fewer possessions (67.6) but more points per possession (1.124).
The Albany Great Danes average an effective field goal percentage of 51.8% this season. The Quinnipiac Bobcats are a winless 0-1 when opponents have an eFG% of 51.8% or greater.
The Quinnipiac Bobcats average 22.0 three point attempts per game, while the Albany Great Danes attempt 16.0. When attempting 20 or more three pointers in a game, Quinnipiac is a losing 1-2, while Albany is an even 1-1.
The Quinnipiac Bobcats are one of the top rebounding teams in the nation with an average of 46.5 per game (ranked sixth). The Albany Great Danes are outside the top 100 with 36.4 rebounds per game (ranked 208th).
Albany ranks 167th in offensive rebounds, while Quinnipiac ranks at 94th in defensive rebounds.
Quinnipiac has forced an average turnover percentage of 16.4% this season. Albany is an even 2-2 when its TO% is 16.4% or higher.
UT Martin Skyhawks – UMKC Kangaroos Preview
The UMKC Kangaroos welcome the UT Martin Skyhawks to Municipal Auditorium. Action gets underway at 8:05 pm ET on Tuesday, Dec. 1.
The Kangaroos beat South Dakota State 64-57 on Saturday. Martez Harrison was the game’s leading scorer with 25 points on 6-for-16 shooting. The Skyhawks, meanwhile, are feeling some disappointment after their awful 76-51 loss at the hands of Mississippi State on Saturday. Myles Taylor had a good game for UT Martin, posting 11 points, six rebounds, and one assist.
UT Martin lost its last game by a 25-point margin. In games decided by a margin of 18 points or more, UMKC is 0-1. UT Martin is 1-2 in blowouts this season.
UT Martin has an average field goal percentage of 43.7%. UMKC is an even 1-1 when opponents have a similar or higher field goal percentage.
The UMKC Kangaroos and the UT Martin Skyhawks both rank higher in average effective field goal percentage when compared to their field goal percentages. UMKC is 197th and 160th in the nation for FG% and eFG% respectively, while UT Martin is 188th and 144th in these categories.
On average, UT Martin makes 4.9 steals per game. UMKC is a losing 1-2 when it allows at least 4 steals.Read More »
Bet on the Asian handicap.
When it comes to football, the best advice for betting on football is to copy professionals, and they bet on Asian handicap. The reason is simple, betting on Asian handicap unlikely to normal 1X2 bets has only two possible outcomes (no tie) and in the beginning you increase the probability of scoring. In addition to Asian handicap bets the most common bets of the professionals are goals (under / over – less / more). Betting on AH and I / O is also true for all other sports, basketball, tennis, handball, volleyball..
Which quotas you want to bet on?
In order to achieve a profit of 10% betting on singles you need to bet with 55% success rate on quotas 2.0. Most professionals have hit rate of 50-65%, which means that the best bet is to quotas from 1.6 to 2.6. Less allowanceis not payable, and the greater are risky, especially if you bet on football.
Importance of Live Betting
Live betting is a much better way of betting than betting before the match, where you ignore a lot of things. If betting is not transmitted to the match you want to bet, the list of live sports broadcasts can be found on page matches live.
If you are seriously engaged to the betting think, use services of professional tipsters because statistics say that over 90% of people lose money on betting.
Take care about statistics
To find out which areas are not good for you, or in which areas you usually lose money, and where you can get the most take care about statistics.
Carefully select bookies.
All bookmakers have to be known, reliable and on the market at least for five years, which is a basic rule in choosing online betting.
Limit your costs
In advance you should set the monthly or seasonal limits that you are willing to lose and strictly hold with that. Never bet more than 5% of a certain limit although the positive series seems like a good idea to bet with more than 5% of the money is not profitable because the black series, you can quickly run out of everything.
The importance of a long-term perspective
All professionals on betting look as on a long term investment. If you think to quickly get rich on betting the only thing that can happen to you is the loss of money. It is impossible to guess every bet and black strings are inevitable but if you carefully read all these rules and you hold on them you’re on a good way to become a profitable bettor.
Why did you bet?
Different people bet for different reasons; some enjoy the analysis and statistics, while other stocks to add tension monitoring live matches and the third for the money. Be honest with yourself about your reasons because it will help you to understand it and make better decisions.
And finally…Have fun!
The main reason for amateur betting should be your entertainment.